Gannon issues updated travel policy for Erie, Ruskin campuses
Posted: April 28, 2021
The University has revised its travel policies for students and employees on our Erie and Ruskin campuses. The changes in the adjusted policy reflect CDC guidance issued regarding changes to domestic travel, as well as traveling after being fully vaccinated. Gannon’s travel policy is attached for your convenience and it is posted on update.gannon.edu.
Some notable changes in this include the following:
- This version aligns both campuses with CDC national guidance for both domestic and international travel. You will see this under “Fundamental Rules.” While the CDC’s guidance on international travel has not changed, guidance for domestic travel is now more lenient for those who are fully vaccinated.
- This version accounts for the most recent guidance regarding travel for fully vaccinated individuals and those who are within 90 days of testing positive. There is no need to test or quarantine upon return from domestic travel if you are fully vaccinated or are within your 90 day window as long as you have no symptoms.
- Gannon has issued new guidance for its university-sponsored travel for both students and employees that now requires all individuals be fully vaccinated prior to international travel, and strongly encourages being fully vaccinated prior to domestic travel.
- All students who are on-boarding to either campus for the first time or are returning from domestic or international locations will have specific instructions directly communicated to them that align with this policy.
- Employees and students should register their travel for all out-of-state domestic and international travel with the following exceptions: Travel does not need reported if time spent outside the state is less than 24 hours, if you are fully vaccinated, or if the entirety of your travel is within 90 days of testing positive.
We are continuing to require all travel be registered in advance through this link so our Health Center can provide guidance on any testing or quarantine that might be required.
As with our previous guidelines, the travel restrictions attached to this email do not apply to those who travel out-of-state for routine purposes or because they are commuting home.
If you have a question or a comment, you can submit it at https://www.gannon.edu/Questions-or-Comments/