Employee Acknowledgment and Testing Consent
Posted: July 28, 2021
As valued members of our Gannon community, we are excited and grateful to welcome you back for the 2021-22 Academic Year and back in person after more than a year of remote work.
To hold ourselves and others accountable for following Gannon’s health and safety standards, all employees will be required to complete the Employee Acknowledgment of Mutual Respect and Responsibility Regarding COVID-19 and COVID-19 Testing Consent forms.
Mark your calendars:
The Acknowledgment form is similar to what was introduced last spring, with adjusted verbiage to reflect the current state of the pandemic and Gannon’s mitigation efforts in response to it.
A few key changes to note in this include:
- Because we’ve allowed our Gannon family to decide whether to become vaccinated or not, the University will follow two sets of COVID-19 mitigation protocols: one for fully vaccinated individuals and one for unvaccinated individuals.
- It is your responsibility to report if you are fully vaccinated to update.gannon.edu/vaccinecard. If you do not report your status as fully vaccinated to this portal, you will follow mitigation protocols for unvaccinated individuals, including but not limited to bi-weekly surveillance testing.
- Understand that by uploading your COVID-19 vaccination card, you are consenting to the sharing of your fully vaccinated status to departments essential to our mitigation efforts.
- Gannon reserves the right to enforce compliance with this Acknowledgment and with required mitigation protocols, including surveillance testing.
We are proud of our employees and want to make sure we sustain our commitment to keeping each other safe. This is a required acknowledgment and consent, and part of our mitigation plan and efforts, which will be enforced. You will also not be able to access Gannon applications until you accept both the acknowledgment and consent. This includes applications such as email, Office, Blackboard, my.gannon.edu and more.
This measure – in conjunction with the COVID-19 protocols and safety guidelines in place at the University – will ensure we are all doing our part to keep our Gannon community safe and healthy as we return to campus.
Please follow the steps below to review and complete the COVID-19 Acknowledgment and Testing Consent on Aug. 4:
- In advance of Aug. 4, review the EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MUTUAL RESPECT AND RESPONSIBILITY REGARDING COVID-19 and COVID-19 TESTING CONSENT
- Submit questions or concerns regarding the policy to firstname.lastname@example.org before Aug. 4.
- Log out of all applications on your devices prior to 5 a.m. on Aug. 4 to avoid technical issues. A courtesy calendar reminder for this will be shared.
- Upon logging in on Aug. 4, you will be prompted to accept the acknowledgment and testing consent.
- When you select “Accept,” you will receive a pop-up to expand and review the acknowledgment.
- Select “OK” to expand and read the acknowledgment, then select “Accept.”
- If you select “Decline” at any point, you will have restricted access to Gannon applications until you accept the policy. You will be prompted again until you select “Accept.” To discuss why you have selected “Decline,” please contact email@example.com.
Helpful tips for a seamless experience:
- To avoid technical issues: 1) Make sure your system is updated to Office 365 and 2) Log out and close all applications on your devices prior to 5 a.m. on Aug. 4.
- Please plan ahead. Restoring access to your applications after accepting the acknowledgment could take up to 30 minutes.
- The acknowledgment and consent can be accepted on any device.
- You will need to accept the acknowledgment and consent to restore access to Gannon applications before you can continue with your work.
For any questions or concerns about the policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
For additional questions or comments, you may submit them on update.gannon.edu at https://www.gannon.edu/Questions-or-Comments/.