Additional guidance on our mask mandate
Posted: August 10, 2021
Today is the first day since spring that Gannon University is requiring face masks to be worn inside its buildings in Erie and in Ruskin. This protocol will be in effect until 80 percent of the population of each campus is vaccinated and as long as the local health departments have lifted their recommendations for community masking.
To further define what Gannon’s mask order means, we offer the following details:
- Everyone must be fully masked in the building regardless of your vaccination status. Face coverings, as was the case in the prior academic year, should be at least two-ply masks. Bandanas and single-ply gators are not acceptable substitutes.
- In the classroom, instructors and class attendees must remain masked. Individual exceptions and remote instruction for faculty will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Any in-person meetings or group activities in conference rooms or other indoor spaces should be conducted with everyone being masked -- regardless of vaccination status.
- Faculty, students and staff who are alone and not in a public or shared space may unmask.
- When eating in dining locations or other public or shared spaces on campus, everyone should remain masked up to the point of starting a snack or meal, remove their face mask to eat, and then re-mask when done.
- In on-campus student living spaces, students may be unmasked in their room with their roommate(s) or “family unit.” All other times, students should be masked.
- Anyone using the Recreation and Wellness Center will need to wear a mask, even while exercising.
- Face masks continue to be required for everyone using the Knight Watch van.