A guide to Gannon's spring break hours and operations schedule
Posted: February 24, 2022
A reminder to our campus communities:
Spring break is Feb. 27 - March 6, during which time there will be no classes.
Below are adjusted hours and operations on behalf of our Ruskin campus and various Erie campus departments for those who will remain on campus or might need access to campus resources during this timeframe.
Please continue to monitor your email and update.gannon.edu for any additional information that may be shared. As always, if you have a question or a comment, you can submit it at https://www.gannon.edu/Questions-or-Comments/.
The Ruskin campus and Fitness Center will be open between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. from Feb. 28 through March 4.
The campus and Fitness Center will be open at normal business hours between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) before and after spring break.
ACADEMIC BUILDINGS, ERIE
Hours of operation for academic buildings between Feb. 28 and March 7 are as follows:
- Morosky Academic Center – Accessible via the Ninth Street northwest and 10th Street southeast doors between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Closed on weekends.
- Palumbo Academic Center – Accessible via the Eighth and Ninth Street doors between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Hours are 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. on weekends.
- Zurn Science Center – Accessible via main doors between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on weekends.
- Center for Communication and the Arts – Open between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays only.
- Center for Advanced Engineering – Open between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays only.
- I-HACK – Open between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays only.
The Bookstore will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during spring Break. The Gannon Bookstore website is always available at Gannonshop.com.
CAMPUS MISSION & MINISTRY
The Mission and Ministry Office will follow the university schedule between Feb. 28 and March 4. The offices will be open between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Mary, Seat of Wisdom Chapel
- Feb. 25: No Adoration following the 11:15 a.m. Mass
- Feb. 27: No Sunday Masses on campus (St. Peter Cathedral Mass times: Saturday at 4 p.m., Sunday at 6:30 a.m., 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.)
- Feb. 28 - March 4: No daily Masses on Campus (St. Peter Cathedral Mass times: 6:30 a.m., 8 a.m., 12:10 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.)
- March 6: Only 8 p.m. Mass; there will be no morning Mass
- March 2 -Ash Wednesday: No Masses on campus (St. Peter Cathedral Mass times: 6:30 a.m., 8 a.m., 12:10 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.)
- March 6: Only 8 p.m. Mass; there will be no morning Mass.
- March 7: Normal weekday Mass schedule resumes (MWF at 11:15 p.m.; TTH at 11:05 a.m.)
Fresh Café will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 25. It will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday between Feb. 28 to March 4. The café will close again on weekends during break. All normal hours will resume on Monday, March 7.
GANNON PRESS & MAILROOM
The Gannon Press and Mailroom will be open during normal business hours between 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. during spring break.
HEALTH AND COUNSELING CENTER
The Health and Counseling Center will maintain normal hours during spring break. You can also use the following resources during this time:
- Medical emergencies: Contact Gannon Police & Safety at 814-871-7777 and they will contact emergency medical services.
- Non-urgent medical concerns: Email email@example.com and you will be contacted during regular business hours.
- Mental health emergencies: Contact Crisis Services at 814-456-2014 or go directly to the ER.
- Non-urgent mental health concerns: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted during regular business hours.
ITS HELP DESK
The ITS Help Desk will have technicians available in the Palumbo Center office for walk-in, phone, ticketing and Zoom support requests between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 28 through March 4.
The Nash Library Technology Support Center will be closed during spring break. Telephone support is available at any time using the number below.
Ticketing System: my.gannon.edu/technology
Virtual support via Zoom: https://gannon.zoom.us/j/4306856966
Phone Support: 814-871-7501
The Knight Club will be closed Feb. 25 to March 6. All normal hours will resume at 5 p.m. on March 7.
KNIGHT WATCH VAN
Students may request transportation services from the Knight Watch van until 1 a.m. on Feb. 24. It will resume operation at 7 p.m. on March 7.
- Urban Brew – Will close at 2 p.m. on Feb. 25 and will reopen with regular hours of operation beginning March 7.
- InterMetzo – Will close at 2 p.m. on Feb. 25 and will reopen with regular hours of operation beginning March 7.
- Doc’s Landing – Will close at 3 p.m. on Feb. 25 and will be open from 7:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Feb. 28 through March 4 (meal plans will not be accepted during this time). Doc’s will reopen with regular hours of operation on March 7.
- Beyer Hall Cafeteria – Will close at 1:45 p.m. on Feb. 25 and will reopen for dinner at 4:30 p.m. on March 5. Normal business hours will resume on March 7.
- Chick-fil-A – Will close at 3 p.m. on Feb. 25 and be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Feb. 28 through March 4. Regular hours of operation will resume on March 7.
- Fresh Café – Will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. seven days a week during spring break.
NASH LIBRARY & STUDENT LEARNING COMMONS
The Nash Library will reopen and resume normal hours at 10 a.m. on March 6.
- Feb. 25: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Feb. 26-27: Closed
- Feb. 28 – March 4: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- March 5: Closed
- March 6: 10 a.m. - noon
Further information along with any updates will be posted on the library’s homepage.
RECREATION AND WELLNESS CENTER
Adjusted hours over spring break are as follows:
- Feb. 26-27: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Feb. 28 - March 4: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- March 5: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- March 6: 8 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Any updates will be communicated through social media and posted on Instagram @gannon.rwc.
Residence Halls close at 5 p.m. on Feb 25 and reopen at 8 a.m. on March 6.
The Office of Residence Life will be open for normal operation during spring break. Outside normal business hours on-call support is available for residential students by calling (814) 871-7000 and asking for the residence director on call.
STORE U-KNIGHTED PANTRY
The Store U-Knighted Pantry is available for any and all students. To access the Pantry, please email email@example.com to setup an appointment.
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER
The Student Success Center will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for in-person and virtual assistance between Feb. 28 and March 4. Pre-scheduled appointments are available outside of office hours. To schedule an appointment please stop by or email:
- Academic Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Exploration & Development: email@example.com
- Learning Abroad & International Academic Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Disability Services: email@example.com
- Student Support Services TRIO: firstname.lastname@example.org
WALDRON CAMPUS CENTER
Waldron will remain open with the following adjusted hours:
- Feb. 25: 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Feb. 26-27: Closed
- Feb. 28 – March 4: 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- March 5: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- March 6: 4 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- March 7: WCC will resume regular hours of operation