Severe weather update, 11:30 a.m.: Resources for you while power outage continues
Posted: January 10, 2024
As power outages continue today, we’d like to share the following updates on resources available to you throughout the day:
- Warming centers continue in Waldron Campus Center, Beyer Hall and Nash Library.
- Complimentary food and beverage continues to be handed out in Waldron, Nash Library and Palumbo to those affected by the outage.
- Some campus services have been temporarily closed or relocated due to the outage, these include:
- The Rec Center continues to be closed until further notice.
- Offices in the University Services Building are operating remotely. Some members of our Human Resources team are available in the Nash Library.
- Offices in the New Student Welcome Center (Gitnik Manse) and Courthouse Commons are operating remotely and also available in the Nash Library. Representatives from the Registrar and Cashiers Offices are available at the Library for students with questions or needing assistance.
- The Health and Counseling Centers are continuing to offer some services. Please continue to utilize the following:
The university is continuing to work through Penelec to receive updated information regarding the estimated time power is expected to be restored. It is still uncertain when that will occur.
A team of university members are developing a plan to best accommodate all our students and employees, while minimizing disruption to your campus and academic experiences as best possible. We expect to share more on that plan forward this afternoon around 3 p.m.
For now, please stay safe and stay warm and share any questions or concerns here: University Questions Form