Temporary change in the Pass/Fail policy for Spring 2020
Posted: April 2, 2020
Gannon University has adopted a temporary change in the Pass/Fail policy for Spring 2020. The details of these changes can be found here.
You must complete a digital form for each course that you want to complete with a Pass/Fail grade. The link is also available on the portal on the Academic Advising Center page, where you can also find all of the fillable PDF advising forms.
It is important to consider all of your options and to make the most informed decision possible to support your progression toward degree completion and achievement of future educational and career goals. It is important to discuss your options and the consequences of choosing a Pass/Fail for each course with your academic advisor(s).
Important points to remember:
- You must initiate and fill out the form for each course you choose to complete with a Pass/Fail.
- You will enter the name of your academic advisor.
- Your academic advisor will be notified about each request completed and be provided with a link to review the request and either approve or reject.
- If rejected, you will be notified with the reason for this decision.
- If approved, the Dean’s Office will be notified of the request automatically.
- The Dean’s Office will receive the request for review after the faculty advisor approves. Approved requests are then sent directly to the Registrar’s Office.
- The deadline for submission of the Pass/Fail form for each course is May 1st.
- If you are repeating a course in spring 2020 in an attempt to improve a grade, choosing the Pass/Fail option will not allow you to replace the grade.
Please reach out to your academic advisor if you have additional questions.