RWC to open Monday with new rules
Posted: July 24, 2020
Gannon’s Recreation and Wellness Center will reopen Monday, July 27, as part of the university’s ongoing preparations to return to campus for the new semester.
All Gannon students, faculty and staff are welcome to use the RWC facilities. At this time, however, community members and other guests will not be permitted access to the building.
The RWC will be open with limited hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
There are a number of differences you need to know.
Here are some key points
- The courts and indoor fieldhouse will be open for use but pick up-games will not be permitted.
- Locker rooms will remain open. However, we’re asking that individuals come dressed to work out and shower at home, if possible, to reduce capacity in these areas.
- The pool will remain closed until further notice.
- Group fitness classes will remain virtual until further notice.
- All cardio equipment has been arranged to permit social distancing.
How your workout will be different
- If possible, dress for your workout prior to arriving at the RWC to limit the capacity in locker rooms.
- You will undergo temperature screening upon arrival via a free-standing thermal imaging kiosk located at the entrance of the facility, or by a staff member at our temperature check station using a no-touch thermometer.
- You will have to wear a mask or face covering at all times while inside the facility, even when exercising. This article by the American Council on Exercise provides best practices around wearing a mask while exercising.
- The drinking fountains have been turned off, but you will still be able to refill your water bottle using the bottle fill dispensers that are available at the drinking fountains. Please bring your own water bottle for this.
All exercise equipment and machines must be properly sanitized and wiped down following use.
We will have disinfectant spray at each piece of equipment throughout the building. Cleaning towels will also be located both in the cardio and strength areas. Towels can be deposited after use in a specified location where they’ll be picked up to be washed and then reused.
If you have a question or a comment, you can submit it at https://www.gannon.edu/Questions-or-Comments/.