Complete the Student COVID-19 Acknowledgment on Feb. 2
Posted: January 26, 2021
As valued members at the heart of our Gannon community, we are excited and grateful to be welcoming you back on campus for classes for the spring semester.
We have learned a great deal from the fall semester regarding the processes and protocols in place that allowed us to remain on campus and in person to deliver your courses and Gannon experience. The full commitment of every student to maintain that same diligence in following these protocols throughout the spring semester will be critical to our success in keeping each other safe and healthy during the months ahead.
To hold ourselves and others accountable for following Gannon’s health and safety standards, all students will be required to complete the Student Acknowledgment of Mutual Respect and Responsibility Regarding Covid-19.
Those who do not accept this acknowledgment will be contacted by Student Accountability for evaluation and reconsideration of the student’s current enrollment. You will also not be able to access Gannon applications until you accept this acknowledgment. This includes applications such as email, Office, Blackboard, my.gannon.edu and more.
This measure – in conjunction with the COVID-19 protocols and safety guidelines in place at the University – will ensure we are all doing our part to keep the members of our Gannon community healthy and continue to make our campus a safe learning and living environment for students.
Please follow the steps below to review and complete the COVID-19 Acknowledgment on Feb. 2:
- In advance of Feb. 2, review the STUDENT ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MUTUAL RESPECT AND RESPONSIBILITY REGARDING COVID-19
- Submit questions or concerns regarding the policy to email@example.com before Feb. 2.
- Log out of all applications on your devices prior to 5 a.m. on Feb. 2 to avoid technical issues.
- Upon logging in on Feb. 2, you will be prompted to accept the acknowledgment. The initial pop-up will look similar to the following:
- When you select “Accept,” you will receive a pop-up to expand and review the acknowledgment.
- Select “OK” to expand and read the acknowledgment, then select “Accept”
- If you select “Decline” at any point, you will have restricted access to Gannon applications until you accept the policy. You will be prompted again until you select “Accept.” To discuss why you have selected “Decline,” please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful tips for a seamless experience:
- To avoid technical issues: 1) Make sure your system is updated to Office 365 and 2) Log out and close all applications on your devices prior to 5 a.m. on Feb. 2.
- Please plan ahead. Restoring access to your applications after accepting the acknowledgment could take up to 30 minutes.
- The acknowledgment can be accepted on any device.
- You will need to accept the acknowledgment to restore access to Gannon applications before you can continue with your work.
Walter Iwanenko Jr. Ph.D.
Provost and Vice President for Student Experience