Modified Operations and Schedules
As Gannon shifts to a virtual learning environment for the remainder of the spring semester, please check here for modified operations and schedules.
Gannon University's Erie and Ruskin campuses will be closed by end of the day Tuesday, March 17 with the exception of essential services and staff. The following campus buildings will remain open with Gannon ID card access only:
- Center for Business Ingenuity
- Palumbo Academic Center
- Residence Halls
- Waldron Campus Center
- Administrative Building
All other campus buildings will be closed as of end of day March 17. Please see below for further updates to hours of operation and additional changes to operations to campus facilities.
We have been fielding questions regarding commencement plans for our Erie and Ruskin campuses.
At this moment, we do not know what those events might look like. We will wait until we have a better understanding of what will be possible given health warnings and guidance for the size of gatherings.
We have also received several questions regarding clinicals for our various health programs. If you are not sure what is happening with your clinical, please reach out to your academic program.
Book Rentals and Shipping
Free shipping labels are now available for all rentals. Visit Gannonshop.com and click on the banner at the top of our main page that says "Term End Rental and Buyback Info" for steps on how to print out a free label to ship your books back. Please return your books as close to Saturday, May 9 as possible. Be sure to include your contact information in the box so that the bookstore can check them into the system for you.
Hours of Operation
The bookstore will be open 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Monday, May 4 through Friday, May 8 with a non-contact process to take in rentals.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Bookstore at 814-871-8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The bookstore is taking calls from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday.
The bookstore’s website is always open for book purchasing and it is currently offering free ground shipping. The Gannon Bookstore website can be viewed at: https://www.bkstr.com/gannonstore/home
Health and Counseling Center
Health Center Appointments
To schedule an appointment, please call ahead at 814-871-7622 and leave a detailed message for the purpose of your visit, name, date of birth and phone number. An appointment will be setup accordingly following your call. If you are having severe symptoms, do not wait for a return call from the Health Center; please go to the Emergency Room.
Counseling Center Appointments
The Counseling Center will continue to provide counseling support to students utilizing tele-counseling services (via phone and/or video conferencing). In-person counseling sessions are suspended until further notice.
- Current clients of the Counseling Center should communicate with their assigned therapist via email to set up tele-counseling sessions.
- Students seeking to initiate counseling should call the office at 814-871-7622 and leave a message with their name, contact information and availability. Staff from the Counseling Office will contact them for an initial consultation via phone.
- For a mental health emergency, go to the ER or contact Erie Crisis Services at 814-456-2014.
- For a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the ER.
- Any other questions or concerns, please email Dr. Jodi Giacomelli at email@example.com.
Information Technology Services
ITS is here to help
This is truly a unique environment and we are here to make sure technology is an asset for you. Our technicians are here to provide you with additional assistance for personal hardware and unfamiliar software to support our goal of educating our students and continuing operations.
For all inquiries described below, ITS can be contacted through the ITS Help Desk through the portal, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 871-7501.
- Laptop and Equipment Loaners - ITS have a limited number of laptops and other devices they are able to loan out to the Gannon community for those that have need. Because there are only a limited number of devices, please make every effort to exhaust other available options to you before making such a request.
- Taking Equipment Home - If you don’t have computing technology at home and are considering taking office computing technology home for work, such as desktops, monitors, or other equipment, please check in with your immediate supervisor to make them aware and receive approval and notify ITS of the equipment you will be taking home using the contact information above. Request can also be made to ITS for help with disassembly as well as verbal instructions by phone on re-assembly while you are setting the device up at home.
- Remote Internet Connectivity- If you already have an existing internet connection at home, you can test the connection for your work and for connecting to the VPN following the guides located at www.gannon.edu/GUatHome. If you are having difficulty in securing an internet connection remotely, please contact ITS using the contact information above to explore solutions
Key items to keep in mind
- Password reset - You can manage password problems online. Self service tools and information is available here. (https://gannon.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/2057/Portal/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=24630).
- Prepare for remote instruction and learning - ITS and CETL are collaborating to ensure technology is a benefit and not an obstacle. More information here. (https://gannon.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/2057/Portal/KB/?CategoryID=8990&SIDs=5888)
- Preparing for remote work - Resources are available to connect to your office computer or your departmental network drive here. If you are not sure whether you can get access from home, copy files to a flash drive. Help for all of this is available here. https://gannon.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/2057/Portal/KB/?CategoryID=17512
- Using Zoom for the first time? - Here are solutions to common issues clients run into: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
Business enterprise applications - Whether work is being done from Gannon or remotely, support including the following will continue as normal through the Help Desk.
- My.gannon announcements
- Team sites and management
- Application processes
- System access and security
- Network ID provisioning
- Application integration
- Informer reporting
Remain diligent on phishing and don’t save password on new devices.
ITS support hours - Professional staff will remain available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. business days. After hours support is available through BlackBelt Help and our on-call technicians. You can always email us or submit a ticket. Our technicians are diligently monitoring your requests.
Office of Global Support and Student Engagement
The OGSSE is currently working remotely. All staff are working and responding to emails, and are able to meet virtually with students. To schedule a virtual appointment, please contact us via our page on my.gannon.edu.
Knight Watch operations have ceased as of March 13. Please check back for additional updates. For questions or assistance, please contact Campus Police & Safety at:
- Non-Emergency Contact: 814-871-7690
- Emergency Contact: 814-871-7777
Dining services will continue at the Beyer Cafeteria for takeout only to serve the needs of the students who remain in our residence halls who have no other housing option.
- Brunch 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Doc's Landing is open from 10am-1pm, Monday-Friday, for Faculty, Staff and Students only. Metz will be running a limited grill menu along with Grab N' Go items. Future hours of operation and menus will vary depending on the average number of customers daily. Cash, Credit and GU Gold will be accepted. We are looking forward to serving as the Gannon Family returns to campus.
Waldron Campus Center
Hours of operaration
- 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
For the most up-to-date information on our hours, services and resources, please consult the library website at https://library.gannon.edu.
Hours of operation and building access
Gannon University’s Nash Library is closed.
Writing and Research Center & STEM Center
The Writing and Research Center is now online. Students can continue to schedule via My WConline.
The STEM Center is currently in the process of re-establishing tutor availability and hours. We expect to be open for online appointments around March 22 when classes resume, but are working to re-establish as quickly as possible. Please check back for additional updates.
If you had a previously-scheduled appointment, your tutor will reach out to you about their ability to still facilitate the appointment, and if they can, brief instructions about how you can access this appointment online.
Online library resources
The library's extensive collection of online databases, full-text electronic journals and ebooks remain available 24/7. Visit the library's website to access links to these resources: https://library.gannon.edu.
Librarians are available to assist with research assignments remotely as well via, phone, email or web conferencing. For contact and scheduling information, visit: https://library.gannon.edu/researchhelp
As instruction is moved online, librarians can also assist faculty in locating suitable course readings within our electronic collections.
Book checkout and return
Due dates for any library items currently checked out have been extended to June 1.
Nash Library will be reaching out to individuals who have items belonging to other libraries that were acquired though interlibrary loan to arrange return. We will continue to request articles and book chapters from other libraries. We will discontinue requesting books and other physical items through interlibrary loan until further notice.
Campus Police & Safety is working with the Erie Parking Authority for parking accommodations. Please check back for updates.
Mailroom and Press
The Mailroom and Gannon Press will remain open and operational with the following modified business hours in the Palumbo Academic Center as of April 14: Tuesday and Thursday 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Mailboxes, Mail Delivery and Pickup
Mailboxes will remain accessible during standard business hours of Palumbo. Departmental mail and packages will not be delivered but will be held in the mailroom for pickup during the new business hours. If anyone would like to open a mailbox that would be accessible outside of the modified business hours, or for additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Recreation and Wellness Center
Hours of operation and building access
Gannon University’s Recreation and Wellness Center is closed.
Intramural Sports and Sports Clubs
These programs have been canceled for the remainder of the semester.
Group Fitness Classes
These programs have been canceled until further notice.
Recreation Center space rentals
As of March 17, all space rentals at the Recreation and Wellness Center have been canceled until further notice. For questions regarding rental refunds or adjusting rental day and time, please contact:
Residence halls will be closing March 22.
If you haven’t already, please share any updates of your plans for departure as soon as possible with the Office of Residence Life through this www.gannon.edu/residentialmove.
Students Returning Home
Students may request a room and dining plan credit (as applicable) for time not spent in university-owned residences or using the dining plan. The credit may be used toward a future semester’s charges. Seniors and master’s/doctoral students currently living in university-owned residences who are graduating in May 2020 are eligible for a pro-rated refund (as applicable) for time not spent in University-owned residences or using their full dining plan. Students not declaring their intention to leave campus by completing the form will be responsible for payment and will not receive a refund.
Students Remaining on Campus
The University is making accommodations only for students with no other safe housing option or those who have expressed a special circumstance. We are fully supporting each of you who will be staying with us and ensuring we provide that support in keeping with external requirements.