Erie Campus - As we close out 2020, we are preparing for next semester
Posted: December 18, 2020
As we break for the Christmas holiday, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to campus on Jan. 25. This is a quick note to wish you a Merry Christmas and to let you know we are excited to return for another semester of face-to-face instruction in the new year.
As we previously announced, we are starting classes two weeks later than usual to put some distance between the holidays – and any gatherings you might have – and the start of classes.
Classes at both the Erie and Ruskin campuses will begin Jan. 25. We have, of course, established contingency plans should the situation in Florida or Pennsylvania necessitate a change, but we have a solid plan to return to campus for a face-to-face experience as we did successfully last semester.
To achieve a safe opening and to stay open it what will be a very challenging environment, we will be taking the following steps:
- All students and employees will be required to sign an official Acknowledgement of Mutual Respect and Responsibility Regarding COVID-19.
- All on-campus resident students, and those arriving from other states, will need to take a Gannon COVID-19 test upon returning to campus.
- On-campus students will need to register for a move-in time and COVID-19 test to be provided by the University.
- Details of the plan for testing off-campus students, commuters and employees will be announced in January.
- Stringent monitoring of adherence to our COVID-19 protocols will be in place and swift action in response to violations will be required to ensure sustainability of community health and individual’s presence and participation in the campus community.
- For those who will remain on campus over the holiday break, click here for a reminder on available campus resources and hours.
More details on these steps will be communicated in January. Please continue to monitor your email and update.gannon.edu for more information prior to returning to campus.
If you have questions, please submit to https://www.gannon.edu/questions-or-comments./
For now, rest, relax and enjoy your break and be ready to come back in January to do it all over again.