Erie campus testing reminders
Posted: January 12, 2021
Gannon’s COVID-19 testing program to on-board students and employees for the spring semester is in full swing. Below are friendly reminders from our previous communication regarding testing as we progress toward the first day of classes on Jan. 25.
COVID-19 testing at Gannon is required for the following
- All residents of residence halls and Gannon-owned properties
- Students and employees traveling from out-of-state to Pennsylvania
- Students and employees who have traveled outside Pennsylvania 14 days prior to Jan. 25
- Student-athletes and Resident Assistants
COVID-19 testing is voluntary for the following
- All off-campus students, commuters and employees (unless you fall under one of the above categories)
Dates to remember
- Jan. 11-15 | Voluntary testing for off-campus students, commuters and employees is available
- Jan. 21 | Required testing for residents of Wehrle & Finegan Halls
- Jan. 22 | Required testing for residents of North, Freeman, Lubiak, West & Kenilworth Halls
- Jan. 23 | Required testing for residents of Harborview, Walker, Wickford & all other Gannon-owned properties
- Jan. 24 | Required testing for off-campus students and commuters traveling from out-of- state, or who have traveled outside PA in last 14 days.
How to schedule a voluntary test for off-campus residents, commuters and employeesVisit the link below and select your preferred time. Appointments must be scheduled 24 hours in advance of your desired time and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The deadline to schedule a voluntary test is at noon on Jan. 14.
Click Here to Schedule a Voluntary COVID-19 Test
How to schedule a required test for residents of Gannon-owned propertiesFollow the steps below by Thursday, Jan. 14, to schedule your test and move-in:
- Log into the MyHousing Portal on my.gannon.edu
- Click “Make An Appointment” in the maroon banner at the top.
- Select the Spring 2021 Term.
- Under “Book an Appointment,” select your building assignment from the drop-down menu.
- “Please book an appointment for yourself” will show available appointments in blue for your designated days/times, with the number of timeslots remaining listed.
- Select your desired appointment time and confirm “Yes.”
- “My Appointments” will show that your appointment has been booked. Refreshing the page will show appointment details. You will also receive an automatic email from Residence Life confirming your appointment details. Do not respond to this email.
How to schedule required testing for out-of-state travel or travel outside Pennsylvania 14 days prior to Jan. 25
Please follow the steps outlined in the Employee Travel Policy.
Residents of Gannon-owned properties returning from out of state
Please follow the steps outlined above to schedule a Day 1 test through the MyHousing Portal. Your required Day 5 test will be scheduled at check-in when you arrive on campus.
Off-campus students and commuters returning from out of state
You will need proof of two negative COVID tests and have two options to do so. Please make a plan for one of the following two options and complete the request form at the link below:
Option 1: Complete both required tests at Gannon.
- Receive a Day 1 test at Gannon.
- Quarantine until test results are received on Day 2.
- If your first test is negative, continue to monitor symptoms and complete a limited quarantine*. This means you are limited to only attending educational and university obligations and picking up to-go meals.
- Receive a Day 5 test and resume limited quarantine until results are received. (Please note that a Day 5 test has some acceptable flexibility in scheduling of the test.)
- If your second test is negative, you may resume all normal activities
Option 2: Complete test one within 72-hours prior to arriving to campus and take a second test at Gannon.
- Complete a COVID test within 72 hours before arriving to campus in place of your Day 1 test at Gannon (keep in mind test results turn-around times and the fact that in order for this to count as your Day 1 test, Gannon needs your negative test results before or upon your arrival to campus within the 72-hour window).
- Immediately upon receiving your negative COVID test result, use the link above to submit your results and schedule your Day 5 test at Gannon. (Please note that a Day 5 test has some acceptable flexibility in scheduling of the test.)
- When you arrive to campus, be sure to have a copy of proof of a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours in case you need to produce it.
- While waiting to take your Day 5 test at Gannon, monitor symptoms and complete a limited quarantine*. This means you are limited to only attending educational and university obligations and picking up to-go meals.
- Receive a Day 5 test and resume limited quarantine until results are received.
- If your second test is negative, you may resume all normal activities.
*Limited quarantine between your first negative test and your second test result means that you should not be interacting outside your limited pod, and with that, you should only be safely picking up to-go meals and attending educational or university requirements (class/lab, orientation, work study, etc. being sure to remain in small consistent pods in those environments) until you receive your second negative test result. Once you have confirmation of your second negative test result, you will be released to normal activity.
The limited quarantine is necessary to assist in reducing exposure in the unfortunate case of a positive COVID test result and contact tracing is needed. The more we can limit possible exposure and close contacts, the better. We are extremely committed to assisting with the maintenance of your health and safety and thank you in advance for your follow-through and cooperation.
If you have a question or a comment, you can submit it at https://www.gannon.edu/Questions-or-Comments/.